Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Operation: Dear Elder

Today, we kick off "Operation: Dear Elder 2006". Last year YOU sent over 70 donation stockings to native missionaries from all over Mexico. There are at least four times that many who are in need, but we're setting our goal at 100 again this year. Christy & I are sending the first 21 packages. That's one for each mission.

Here is part of a letter we received from one of last year's recipients:

"Dear Peter & Christy, I just want to tell you thank you, thank you, thank
you for the care package! I was very surprised when I got it because I don't know anybody in the U.S. At first I thought you had made a mistake because I'm not American so I was a little confused. But I want to thank very much for thinking of me. I didn't think I would get any gifts this Christmas but yours was the best! I don't know you but I feel like I do now. Thanks for the service you gave as missionaries, it really is the best time of one's life. With love, Elder Gonzalez Jasso."
There are hundreds of missionaries like Elder Jasso from all over Mexico. We'd like to help them all, but we can't do it alone. Please help out if you can. It's a simple gesture but it really makes a huge difference for a missionary. Thank you!!!!

How Can I Help?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home